From AMI@Work Communities Wiki
Welcome to the home page of the Logistics@Work Community
Free membership is open to everyone willing to contribute to the shaping of future Collaborative Working Environments for Logistics. This website aims to provide valuable information about research fields defined in the community Research Topics (see the Logistics@Work Community list of Research Topics) as well as supporting members discussion and interaction.
- If you are a visitor then you can register and join the current 495 members of the Logistics@Work community!
- In case you already are a member of the AMI@Work Family of Communities and would like to join us, then you just need to tick the box of our community in your profile into Myspace.
- Click here to know more about the Logistics@Work Community.
- members of the Logistics@work Community can directly access their community shared workspace.
Feel free to edit any news that is relevant for your Community
- Modern logistics solutions for competitiveness and sustainability. The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Energy and Transport has published a brochure about modern logistics solutions for competitiveness and sustainability in transport. The aim is to show the range of activities under way, and to raise interest in intermodal transport solutions and related logistics.The brochure is donwloadable on: 2006_brochure_freight_en.pdf
- 7th RTD Framework Programme (2007-2013).A New Era for Transport Research was introduced by Mr András Siegler, Director, Directorate Transport, Directorate-General Research and Technological Development (RTD) at 13-14 February.2007, in Brussels. The live video and presentation is available on: fp7_information_days2
Download all presentations from FP7 Information Day for Energy and Transport from: presentations_en.html
- Research Topics have been defined for our Logistics@Work Community as commons to be used by members for submitting their papers to the AMI@Work Forum day 2005. Those Community Research Topics will be further used to connect people and concepts together.
 New Members
Welcome to the lastest 10 new members:
- Emrah Bese
- Adnan Shafique
- naamany mounia
- apichat khanchitaworakul
- hamza alami
- Eric S. Chan
- Anca Scortariu
- Ravideep Kaur
- Morice Daudi
- Nimali Hatthalla
 About Logistics@Work community
Logistics@Work is the name given by the European Commission New Working Environment Unit to Next Generation Logistics Working Environments, comprising innovative technical solutions as well as socioeconomic and policy-related aspects. The fundamental goals of logistics are to enhance punctuality, accuracy and quality within given cost parameters. Achieving these goals requires fast and efficient management of both materials and associated resources. Industry recognises that, due to increased levels of International competition and the opening of new markets there are significant gains to be had through focusing attention on efficient management of logistics.