News:GNSS Living Lab Prize: a 10.000 euro opportunity!
From AMI@Work Communities Wiki
March 2010 - April 2011 The GNSS Living Lab Prize (supported by the GNSS Supervisory Authority through the GAINS project has been launched during the Galileo Application Days 2010 event, held in Brussels on 3-5 March 2010.
The GNSS Living Lab Prize calls for developers and users, engineers of research institutes, and development departments but also from new ventures, to submit proposals for GNSS-related products and services ready to be tested and ideally implemented in suitable Living Labs.
Submissions of the ideas to the prize shall focus on the following themes: health, energy and media. Each theme will produce a winner, whose owner will be awarded with 10.000 EUR.
As part of the prize, the winning ideas will undergo to an experimentation in those Living Labs, who will demonstrate to offer the best testing infrastructure, the most suitable users communities and the most attractive implementation and exploitation potential.
The opportunity for Living Labs is that both financial and consulting support will be available for selected Living Labs to facilitate and support the implementation of winning ideas in Living Labs context.
The timetable for the GNSS Living Lab Prize is as follows:
- 3-5 March 2010: Official launch of the European Satellite Navigation Competition;
- 1st May to 31st July 2010: Ideas submission;
- 1st August to 30 September 2010: Ideas evaluation;
- 3rd week of October 2010 (TBC): Award ceremony in Munich;
- 1st December 2010 to 31st January 2011: Submission of proposal from Living Labs, for adopting and implementing the winning ideas;
- 1st of April 2011 (TBC): Start of the trials in the selected Living Labs.
Take this opportunity! Visit www.galileo-masters.eu and discover how to participate.
Additional information can be also found at www.gsa.europa.eu.